“Stitch in the Ditch” is a non-profitable based project conducted as a joint effort between the Manchester Settlement, SIFE and the University of Manchester, where people from our local community can join our weekly workshops and learn textile working techniques such as weaving and knitting for the purpose of re-fashioning used and donates clothing ,which will be later sold in community markets at the Centre. They are looking for volunteer tutors.
Position Title: Volunteer Tutors for craft, needlework and fashion workshops.
Job Description: Several candidates are sought after to conduct craft and fashion workshops with used/donated clothing, producing hand made goods, and/or jewellery, at a local community centre based in the Manchester area which works with local communities helping them to improve their skills and employability. This is also a great opportunity for the candidates for developing your practical and teaching skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The candidates are expected to teach/tutor members of local communities who come from various backgrounds and ages.
- Plan and develop workshops based around their chosen craft specialism.
- Support participants with little or no previous experience.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must have experience and passion for knitting, sewing, textiles, etc.
- Must also have broad knowledge of textiles and equipment used for producing new items or refashioning clothing.
- Would preferably show some knowledge of how to plan and prepare for lessons (although support can be provided).
- It is essential that the candidate is committed to the project and also a good team player.
- The candidate must have the ability to motivate themselves and others and also the need to have the ability to communicate and teach effectively.
If you are interested, please contact Jialing He at email@example.com